We’re IMechE Fife NDT, an internationally renowned provider of Non-Destructive Testing, Corrosion and Coatings training and consultancy services.
Based in a new, modern Training Facility in Dunfermline, Fife, we provide an unrivalled learning environment with the latest equipment and facilities on offer.
We’re proud to be part of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, an organisation that has been improving the world through engineering since 1847.
We are currently looking for an Industrial Coatings Applicator Training Scheme Trainer on a part time contractual basis.
As an ICATS Trainer you will be responsible for preparing and delivering a high-quality industrial coatings applicator training course to students on a part-time basis as required.
In this role you will be training students to carry out coating applications and will cover the following topics:
- Demonstrating and understanding the needs and methods of safe working
- Have an understanding of scaffold and access systems
- Understand protective treatment specifications and relevant normative documents
- Recognise and prepare for use and use specific surface preparation tools to specified requirements
- Understand surface preparation standards
- Recognise and prepare for use specific application materials
- Recognise and prepare for use specific protective treatment materials
- Apply specific protective treatment materials to specified requirements
- Clean and maintain specific equipment
- Use specific basic quality control instrumentation i.a.w written instructions
- Maintain basic records
- Understand legal requirements of health and Safety at work act, control of substances hazardous to health and the environmental protection act (or equivalent for other countries)
Specifically, you will
- Deliver a high standard of ICATS Training
- Review and assess students work
- Provide constructive and critical feedback on all training activities
- Mark and invigilate exams as required
To join us you will need to be an experienced coatings applicator with an ICATS qualification. Institute of Corrosion, NACE, SSP, or FROSIO Painting or Coating Inspector qualifications are also desirable but not essential.
Additionally, you will need:
- The ability to communicate and engage with students and training partners
- Demonstrate organisational and time management skills
- The confidence, creativity and enthusiasm to plan and deliver lessons
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- The willingness to travel to other IMechE sites which may require occasional overnight stays
Full training will be given by the lead ICATS trainer.
If you are qualified in ICATS and are passionate about sharing your knowledge and expertise this is a brilliant opportunity for a part-time or retired individual to deliver quality content to our students, helping them to gain valuable skills.
We thank you for your interest in this post and role and look forward to receiving your application
Please send a covering letter and CV to: Deborah Wright (Deborah.Wright@imeche.org)